Mortgage Advice

Life Assurance

Income Protection

Home Insurance

Business Protection

Rental Insurance

Pension Advice

Investment Advice

Short Term Finance

Other Services

Info & Terms

About Thomas Dobner



Useful Links

- Personal Touch Financial Services -
- Financial Conduct Authority -
- Financial Ombudsman Service -
- Council of Mortgage Lenders -
- Money Made Clear -
- Unbiased.co.uk -

If you are a landlord of rented properties it is most important that you have the correct insurance to protect the building that you own.

Many landlords do not realise that a standard home insurance policy is not appropriate for rental properties, and in the event of a claim your insurance may not be valid if your insurance company is not aware that the property is occupied by tenants.

As a landlord there are two primary protection policies that you need to give consideration to:-

Rental Home Insurance - A policy designed to protect your investment by insuring your rental properties against fire, flood, subsidence, storm damage etc. and in addition to provide liability insurance against personal injury claims arising in the event that your tenants are injured in the property. If you are renting a furnished property you should also consider insuring the contents that belong to you.


Rent Guarantee -
A policy designed to protect your rental income if your tenants are unwilling or unable to pay the rent for a prolonged period of time. Many policies also cover legal costs pertaining to recovery of missed rent, repossession of the property and other legal issues you may have with your tenants.

Tenants - don't forget that even though you do not own your home all of your personal possessions that are contained within it are your responsibility to protect and insure. In the event of a fire, burglary, flood or other serious incident your belongings may cost thousands of pounds to replace, make sure you are properly insured!

If you own rented property and either your insurance is due for renewal, you want to check that your insurance is suitable, or you are thinking of buying a new property to rent out then call Thomas Dobner today to arrange your no obligation meeting to discuss your own individual circumstances.


For Rental Insurance from an extensive range of top insurance providers call Thomas Dobner.

The above logos represent a sample of some of our rental insurance providers


Thomas Dobner, Bowden & Partners Estate Agency, 66 Fore Street, St Marychurch, Torquay, Devon. TQ1 4LX
LANDLINE: 01803 312364                   MOBILE: 07977 077378                  EMAIL: Thomas@ThomasDobner.co.uk

Thomas Dobner is an appointed representative of Personal Touch Financial Services which is authorised and regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority.
Thomas Dobner does not normally charge a fee for mortgage advice, however this will depend on your circumstances. If a fee is charged a typical fee would be 250.


All content copyright Thomas Dobner 2010- . Website designed and built by Thomas Dobner